Friday, June 10, 2011

My Soul to Take - Movie

I thought as an extra bonus, I would give my ordinary opinions on a movie that I recently had the chance to see via Netflix.  Yes, I know.  It isn't a "library find", but I couldn't help myself on this one.


"Now I lay me down to sleep. I beg the Lord my soul to keep...."


Now, I hadn't heard anything about this one.  I knew that it was a horror movie.  I had no clue who was in it or who directed it or any of those types of things. (I don't watch tv, read the paper or anything else like that.  It's too depressing.)  But, I happen to love most things horror, so I thought I would give it a chance.

Again, I'm not great with plot summaries, so I am borrowing this from Wikipedia... just the first paragraph.  "In the town of Riverton, Abel (Raul Esparza) is working on some toys for his daughter and a soon-to-be-born child. A story on the news announces that the town is being gripped by a serial killer known as the Riverton Ripper. After his wife calls him to bed, it is revealed that Abel is in fact the serial killer, and appears to have multiple personality disorder. He kills his wife and is arrested and shot by police, but the ambulance he is in explodes on the way to the hospital"........  

Given that this is a high school horror movie it reminds me of how out of touch I am with the younger generation, but I found this movie very fun.  It wasn't too predictable and there were enough twists to keep me interested.  Pretty much what I would expect from a Wes Craven film.

Would I recommend it?  Definitely.  I will admit to not the greatest acting in the world, but when are horror actors ever truly wonderful?  Not bad, though, not bad at all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment